Terms & Conditions / Refund Policy
November 4, 2019
1. Upon registering for a course, registrants must understand that all requests for refunds must be made only in writing via the postal system, by fax or email. No telephone requests will be accepted.
Owner Builder Training Ltd.
5405 Teskey Road
Approved refunds will be via the same method as the original payment less any fees and workbook costs/shipping that applied at the time of payment.
E-transfer is the preferred method of payment
2. If a request is received within 15 days of initial registration date, a registrant who requests a refund will receive a full refund less a $50.00 administrative fee, workbook cost/shipping (325.00) and PayPal processing fees if that was the chosen method of payment.
3. Within 14 days from the start of the one-day in-class session, no refunds will be issued; registrants will forfeit all course fees. However, if a registrant supplies documented proof of personal or family emergency (i.e., doctor’s note, death certificate, etc.) the administrator can re-register the individual for another existing class of the same title for the date and location of the registrant’s choice. A $50.00 administrative fee will apply for this service less workbook cost/delivery (325.00) and PayPal processing fees if that was the chosen method of payment.
4. Student Request before Cut-off Date: Requests by the student to re-register for another existing course of the same title before midnight of the 14-day cut-off period will be granted at no cost. However, please note that this no-cost option is limited to two (2) occurrences only, after which the student will be charged a $75.00 administrative fee per occurrence for this service.
5. No-show for Two-day In-class Session: No-shows for the two-day in-class sessions are non-refundable. However, if a registrant supplies documented proof of personal or family emergency (i.e., doctor’s note, death certificate, etc.) the administrator can re-register the individual for the appropriate one-day in-class session for the date and location of the registrant’s choice. A $75.00 administrative will apply for this service.
6. If an in-class session location and/or dates are changed due to instructor availability, low enrollment or conflict with venue dates or availability, registrants will be given at least 7 days’ notice via email. A seat will automatically be reserved for the next available session in the same region. If necessary, registrants will have the option to contact the OBT administrator and choose to be re-registered for a different date and location (for the same course) that better suits their schedule or be registered to take the online course version. If none of these options are satisfactory, a full refund, less a $125.00 for the workbook, will be issued.
We reserve the right to change the Refund Policy; any revised Refund Policy will be posted at ownerbuildertraining.com